I know they sound weird but man, are they amazing.
One of my best friends and I love to try new places and new things. Whenever she visits or I visit her, we find new places to experience together. We stumbled upon these spring rolls from a Nashville Instagrammer. As soon as I saw them, I knew I had to send them to my friend - "We have to try this place when you come into town next!"
We tried. We fell in love and now we dream of them all the time.
While I do live in Nashville, shelling out $11 for spring rolls is not something I like to on the reg. So I came up with my own recipe and didn't measure anything. obvi.
My friend was recently in town and we made some together. Which was a blast! She helped me write out the recipe. Now, you can try a taste of Nashville for yourself!
I hope you enjoy them as much as my friend and I do.
- A chopper of some sort like a Ninja
- A plate or big bowl deep enough to place the spring roll paper into water.
- Saran Wrap
- Chop/blend the kimchi and cashews together.
- Cut the cucumber in very thin slices
- Dip the spring roll paper in the water for about 20 seconds.
- While it's soaking, cut a piece of saran wrap - a bit bigger than the spring roll paper size.
- Layer the ingredients as follows:
- mint (optional)
- kimchi/cashew mix
- more lettuce
- Wrap like a burrito
- Use the saran wrap to keep the roll from drying out.
Viola! It's complete. I hope you enjoy them as much as my friend and I do.
I will hopefully also have a peanut sauce recipe to go with this soon.
Leave a comment if you have any additions or suggestions!